Re: would like to fix OpenWave mobile browser issue

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:36:23 -0600

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 13:05 -0500, Eric wrote:

> I need a way to force squid to include the correct
> Content-length header for every response, even if it's not included by
> the originating server.

In Squid3, the simplest way of doing that may be using an ICAP server.
The server will get every response preview (just the HTTP headers) and
will request the whole response if there is no Content-Length. The
server will then add the Content-Length header. Squid3 and its ICAP
client is not ready for production use yet, but we are actively working
on it.

In Squid2, I am not sure whether the ICAP client implementation can
handle such an "abuse", but you can test.

I am sure it is possible to do this in Squid directly, without ICAP, but
cannot give you hints. There are at least two major advantages of using
ICAP for this:

 - Avoid Squid code bloat.
 - Your solution will work with any popular proxy, not just Squid.

$0.02,

Alex.