Re: Mini code-sprint report

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:07:52 +0800

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> The only other feature that looks like it may be ready and somewhat tested
> is the ETag support which is not merged into 2.5 yet, but has been sitting
> around for a long time (according to devel.squid-cache.org, since 2001).
> The TODO file once upon a time said etag was 2.6 material ;-)
>
> I would very much like to see wccpv2 in as well but unfortunately don't
> think there is any mature code really there for it yet. It seems to be
> something that is often asked about and useful in larger installations.
> I think it was something that Adrian was interested in working with at some
> stage - Adrian, how far did you get with it?

Hm, I ported over the code from another proxy (Oops, I think?) and had it
working as an external process.

I can always ressurect it post-exams and see how it works.
I'm not short of cisco kit to test it on, but WCCP2 is one of those
tricky things to get 'right' IIRC, especially with correct transparent
interception stuff.

Adrian