Re: Squid-2.6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:45:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:

> (a) it is possible to use "C++ as C" and there are some resons for this -
> more strict syntax etc.

Not a valid reason for 2.5. The language of Squid-2 IS C, not C++.

As already indicated, I do not oppose patches which makes your life easier
(which is a valid reason). But I won't accept patches along these lines if
they make my life harder in getting the 2.6 release together which means
that I prefer to wait with this until most pieces of what should go into
2.6 is there.

> (b) compatibilty with 3.0 reasons. As I have see there were a number of
> parrallel patches to 2.5 and 3.0

Just fixing up the "C++ does not like this" issues in 2.5 wont get any
closer to eleminate this problem. Until Squid-3.0.STABLE there will always
need to be porting of patches between the two trees (or even three trees
while 2.6 is under development).