Max simultaneous connections limit on per-destination basis

From: Radu Rendec <radu.rendec@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:37:06 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a new feature in squid. It should provide the
ability to limit the number of simultaneous http requests based on the
destination of the requests.

Usage scenario: squid set up as httpd accelerator, with many virtual
hosts on the accelerated servers. If the number of simultaneous
connections is limited in the httpd servers and many simultaneous
requests come to squid, it will end up filling its fd table waiting for
the httpd servers to accept new connections.

I managed to fully implement this feature creating a new database
(destination_db) and using client_db as a model. Although I use this
patch in production, it was developed against the 2.4 branch and it
probably needs more testing.

If you think this feature might be useful and is worth including in the
main tree, please let me know. If you reply, please cc to my personal
address - I'm not subscribed to squid-dev.

Regards,

Radu Rendec