Another one trying to subscribe :D

From: Rodrigo Steinmüller Wanderley <adm.rodrigo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:24:00 -0300

Hi,

  My name is Rodrigo Wanderley, I'm just another one working at a ISP ;). My interest in squid began few weeks ago when our manager thought it would be nice if we had a proxy-cache. I loved the program and started reading the code last week. Liked it a lot, and would like to read more about how the development is going and the ideas that you guys have.

  I also made a tiny little patch yesterday, and wanted to discuss the performance issues of it. The problem was that it was hard to guess the exact size to put in maximum_object_size. We would like to cache big files from certain sites (like windowsupdate) and let a small default for the others. Well, what I did (or tryed to do) was mimic the reply-body-max-size option thus adding acl to the maximum-object-size.

  What I want to do now is profile it and see if putting acls into that option is a overkill. Reading the list archives I saw two main options, gprof and a patch in squid to enable profiling and view the results in the cachemgr. Since the later is not at the code I wander if patching the squid for profiling is really the best option...

  Attached is the patch I did.

thanks,
  RSW