Question about suid's default behaviour.

From: Ghislain Garcon <gigi_8439@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:37:11 +0100

Hello,

    I've tested squid 2.5-12 without http_acces acl and all pages are
blocked. Then I created two deny http_access acls which don't match with
my http requests and all pages are unfiltered.

For me it is strange. I've looked in source code and found :

debug(28, 3) ("aclCheck: NO match found, returning %d\n", allow !=
ACCESS_DENIED ? ACCESS_DENIED : ACCESS_ALLOWED);
aclCheckCallback(checklist, allow != ACCESS_DENIED ? ACCESS_DENIED :
ACCESS_ALLOWED);

at the end of aclCheck(aclCheck_t * checklist) in file acl.c. Is this
swap really needed for something else?

In fact I try to add external acl support in icap patch. The acl
structures are not exactly the same in Icap and in squid, then I have to
call aclNBCheck with only one acl. Then I had "aclCheck: NO match found,
returning 1" as a result of aclCheck.

Ghislain Garçon