Re: question about persistent connection between caches

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:15:18 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Duane Wessels wrote:

> I forget the exact original motivation, but the idea is to figure
> out if the other proxy correctly supports persistent connections.
> If it does support them, then the keepalive ratio should be greater
> than 50%.

I think it was some peers which lied about their connections, claiming
persistent connections but in fact not supporting it and thereby causing
the next request to fail (connection always closed while sending
request)...

I do not think this logics is needed today. Just an peer option to
manually disable persistent connections to that specific peer should the
admin discover some problem and the peer is unfixable.