Squid 2.5.Stable12: No CARP for connect?

From: Baumgaertel, Oliver <oliver.baumgaertel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:13:51 +0100

Hello all.

We have 2 Farms, an inner(intranet, just as a filter, no hdd caching)
and an outer(DMZ, just hdd chaching) one. We use CARP to optimise the
caching in the outer proxies. Now, all connect requests are routed to
only one single machine. While that wasn't an issue in the last years,
we have now reached a point where that single one is no longer capable
to handle all the incomming requests, even after setting its carp
weighting to a minimum.

To my knowledge my predecessor already brought this up years(?) ago and
got the answer (from Henrik?) that this behaviour is actually wanted...
Well, if that's the case I'd like to patch just our squid version. I
have however some problems to find the point where I'd have to make the
needed changes. Anyone able to give me some hints?

regards, Oliver Baumgaertel