SquidClamav Redirector

From: Paramahansa Polo <pwpolo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:23:28 +0200

Hi,

I would like to use antivirus with squid.
I have read the code of some redirectors like "squidclamav redirector".
So far it looks to me, that there are one main obstacle to use a
redirector for antivirus support:

"The Redirector needs to download the URL by itself and scan it for
viruses and then it will answer to squid with a URL for download, the
same in case of no virus or a warning page in case of virus are found".

With that, it happens that the URL needs to be downloaded twice: one by
the redirector or the AV engine, and one by squid.

Is there anyway to download that URL just once, scan it and if there are
no virus then cached it and deliver it to the browser?

If some development for that is needed, where should I go (in the
source code) to take out the stream been downloaded by squid and deliver
it to the AV before squid writes it to its cache?

Any idea is wellcome.

Cheers,

Paramahansa