Re: a problem in sentence

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:41:53 +0100 (CET)

Please keep discussions on the mailinglist. Thanks.

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 fantacywall@hotmail.com wrote:

>> There is no guarantee there is a MemObject attached to the StoreEntry here.
>> Quite likely e->mem_obj is NULL.
>
> yeah.u are right,i've checked the e->mem_obj again and it's NULL when i
> restart squid.but i'd thought this function is to write record to
> swap.state,why it was called during initialization? Thank you for your help

It's a low level function for adding a record to swap.state, and is called
whenever a record needs to be added to the current swap.state log.

- Object added (here the MemObject usually is attached, but not
really guaranteed)

- Object removed (here there usually is no MemObject)

- Object timestamps updated (may have a MemObject I think, but not
guaranteed).

- And during writing a clean index. (usually no MemObject).