Re: Squid response modification

From: Balu <thambi_thekku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:06:09 -0800 (PST)

Hello ,

Look for my inline reply.

--- Ghislain Garcon <gigi_8439@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Balu a écrit :
>
> >Hello All,
> >
> >What you are saying make sense.
> >
> >i am more intrested in client side squid. That is
> >instead of using ICAP server to handle for REQMOD,
> We
> >can modify squid HTTP response to add value added
> >service like banner add..etc.
> >

> Could you explain more?

I understand the functionality of ICAP server, What I
am thinking is rather then making squid as ICAP
client, i am planning to modify the HTTP response in
the squid itself before returning data to the
client(browser), is that the right way do it ..?
Please let me know your suggetions and pros and cons
of modifying the http response in squid?

> ICAP not only use to set banners in a web page. This
> protocol is used
> for content modification in general ( url filtering,
> content filtering,
> virus scanning... ).
>

> >If we want to do what part of squid code we need
> >modify..? what is your suggestion/idea on this.
> >

> Which verison of squid?

squid-2.5.STABLE12