Re: Implement a simulator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:05:28 +0100

lör 2006-03-11 klockan 11:27 -0300 skrev wellington ricardo gasparin:
> Hi, I need to implement a simulator of squid, for simulate a policy
> replacement.
> If I to use include squid.h, I can use the functions of squid?
> For example: storeCreateEntry?

You will probably find crossdependencies bringing in nearly all the
code.

If all you want is to simluata a removal policy using the exact same API
as Squid then there is a much smaller API you need to define. See the
removal policy API definition in the Squid programmers guide.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/Prog-Guide/prog-guide-12.html#ss12.9

The StoreEntry just needs to contain the information your removal policy
need. It does not need to be a real Squid StoreEntry.