Re: [squid-users] squid-users@squid-cache.org

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:56:43 +0100

tor 2006-03-16 klockan 07:10 -0500 skrev Jay Desjardins:

> >> I got this patch,
> >>http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200510/0161.htm and I
> >>have tried to install it on my Red Hat EL4 server, to no avail.
> >>
> >>I found myself having to manually install the patch, with it still producing
> >>many errors (H and C files not matching up/incorrect syntax). It also is
> >>using X-forward which I don't want to use.
>

> I have already have the kernel patch installed and running with no
> problems. I have done both a regular download of the kernel patches and
> installed it on a Debian system, then found out I was going to have
> issues, so I then installed Squid on our red hat server. The kernel I
> was able to download from
> http://www.balabit.com/downloads/tproxy/redhat-kernel/ and got the
> correct patches and ran with it. I did the kernel the first thing, so if
> I ran into any problems, I fixed them so I had a solid foundation to
> build on.
>
> Now it's hanging up on forward.c from the patch. I can attach the logs
> if you would like, but what's happening is that Forward.c is saying this
> forward.c: In function `forward_handle_tproxy':
> forward.c:400: error: structure has no member named `itp_faddr'
> forward.c:405: error: structure has no member named `itp_fport'
> forward.c:421: error: `IP_TPROXY_ASSIGN' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> forward.c:421: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> forward.c:421: error: for each function it appears in.)
> forward.c:425: error: structure has no member named `itp_faddr'
> forward.c:426: error: structure has no member named `itp_fport'
> forward.c:436: error: structure has no member named `itp_faddr'
> forward.c:437: error: structure has no member named `itp_faddr'
> forward.c:438: error: structure has no member named `itp_fport'
> forward.c:446: error: `IP_TPROXY_FLAGS' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> forward.c:451: error: structure has no member named `itp_faddr'
> forward.c:452: error: structure has no member named `itp_fport'
> forward.c:456: error: structure has no member named `itp_faddr'
> forward.c:457: error: structure has no member named `itp_fport'
> forward.c: In function `fwdConnectStart':
> forward.c:482: error: structure has no member named `linux_tproxy'
> forward.c:483: error: structure has no member named `src'
> forward.c:572: error: structure has no member named `linux_tproxy'
> make[2]: *** [forward.o] Error 1

Looks like either the patch is for an earlier version of TPROXY, or some
include is missing...

Could also be that there is some rejects in .h files not yet merged.
What do the lines complained on above look like? Start by focusing on
the second and third error as seem to be typical for the rest...

> I had previous errors on different header and C files, but I was able to
> chase down the gremlins and point them correctly. This time around, I
> feel like it's something silly that's staring me right in the face. When
> I did a grep IP_TPROXY * the only 2 files that came up were forward.c
> and ip_tproxy.h (in the squid /src directory). I have checked the
> ip_tproxy.h file, and everything seemed to be correct.
>
> >>I would really like to get this running correctly, within the limits
> >>I have (with only being able to run a few versions of squid).
> >>

> >Note that by running a Smart Filter modified Squid you effectively
> >terminate any support from the Squid developers should you run into any
> >problems... we simply cannot support tracking problems in Squids having
> >such heavy proprietary modifications where we can not see the changes.
> >
> >Regards
> >Henrik
> >

> Thats why I am installing smartfilter once this is all done. I want
> squid to work by itself first, then once I have a solid basis I will
> modify it as needed with smartfilter. I understand and it wouldnt be
> fair to expect you to help.

Fair.