icp_hit_stale & allow-miss

From: <srnoam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 02:07:17 +0300

Hi,
I have several questions about using "icp_hit_stale on" & "allow-miss" :
1)when no icp sibling in use: If a client ask proxy server for a stale object
would it return it direcly or treat it as a miss.
2)similar to question 1: If I have one proxy server (using ICP but all siblings
are dead) & my cache is stale, whould I return my object or go to origin
server?
3)When I get a stale response from a sibling: do I think it's HIT or I know it's
a stale response?
If I know it's stale then, do I take the first response as in regular hit?

thanks alot,
Noam