Re: squid-2.5 related work

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 06:16:35 +0800

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006, Guido Serassio wrote:

> I agree, but I think that things now are worse than October:
>
> The Adrian work is an effective fork of the Squid project, and I
> think that a fork is a very dangerous option for the life of the
> Squid project itself.
>
> Today we should think again about a 2.6 release, before a disaster.
> So I propose a new poll about this: for me now this is a survival
> question for the Squid Project that we know.

Continuing work on the Squid-2.6 codebase would make me - and a lot
of others - very happy. I don't want to abandon squid-3 and the project
but the powers that be don't want us to go anywhere near squid-3.
So I'm stuck: do I work on squid-2.5 and spend all my time maintaining
a local distribution consisting of lots-of-sourceforge-patches and
a couple of local patches, or do we just throw in the towel and buy
a Cisco Cache Engine?

Adrian