Re: problems with the squid-2.5 connection pinning

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:10:04 +0200

tis 2006-04-18 klockan 08:05 +0800 skrev Steven Wilton:

> Due to other changes in the squid source, I needed to set the
> "must_keepalive" flag on the request to stop squid from closing the
> client-side connection

Hmm.. a bit curious on what this might be. But I guess it's the
persistent_connection_after_error directive..

But I think you are correct. There is little choice but to set
must_keepalive on pinned connections. Connection semantic is a bit
different from normal connections.

> and I also had to remove the "Connection:
> Proxy-support" header from being sent back to the client (this caused IE to
> get really confused).

Ugh.. removing this can get you in quite bad situation if there is child
proxies.

Can you share some more light on this issue?