Re: Hi there

From: Michael Pye <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:21:39 +0100

Doug Dixon wrote:
> I'd like to catch up here if I may - what's rproxy? I gather it's a
> patch to enhance Squid 2.5's reverse proxy capabilities, but where is
> it, what does it do, etc? How cool is it? ;)

It's a patch by Henrik available at:
http://devel.squid-cache.org/old_projects.html#rproxy

It had been out of date for a long time, originally written for some pre
2.5 (?) version, but has recently been updated to patch against
2.5-STABLE12. The features in it useful for me are load balancing of
back end web servers with healthcheck and "sticky" sessions. Most of its
features have been ported to squid3.

--
Michael Pye