Re: config.test fragments

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:46:10 +0200

Hi Duane,

At 21.37 24/04/2006, Duane Wessels wrote:

>>>seems to me that if we exported all the autoconf values during a
>>>config.test run, they would be more portable: see for instance Guido's
>>>recent commit to probe /usr/local as well: unless CPPFLAGS are set
>>>correctly that test won't help (because while its on the system, its not
>>>available).
>>
>>Yes, correct.
>>On the machine where I have identified the problem, CPPFLAGS is set
>>correctly, but on other systems this could not be true.
>
>I guess this is why ./configure now fails for me:
>
> Basic auth helpers built: LDAP MSNT NCSA PAM SASL YP
> getpwnam multi-domain-NTLM
> NTLM auth helpers built: SMB fakeauth no_check
> Digest auth helpers built: ldap password
> External acl helpers built: ip_user ldap_group session unix_group
> checking sasl/sasl.h usability... no
> checking sasl/sasl.h presence... no
> checking for sasl/sasl.h... no
> checking sasl.h usability... no
> checking sasl.h presence... no
> checking for sasl.h... no
> ERROR: Neither SASL nor SASL2 found

Sure.
Probably on your machine sasl.h is placed in /usr/local/include

You can temporary fix the problem adding
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" before the configure command.

We must change things in config.test files.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/