Squid 3 compile

From: Dan Thomson <thomson.dan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 12:53:09 -0700

Hey all,

I'm trying to compile squid 3 from the CVS repository and I've come
accross a little autoconf problem.

I'm using a standard debian/testing system and when I try to bootstrap
with automake-1.9 I get the following error:

configure.in:3024: error: m4_popdef: undefined macro: AC_Dest

I looked up the problem and most people seem to recommend downgrading
automake and autoconf, but when I do that (when I use automake-1.4 in
this case) I get another error:

configure.in: 29: macro `AM_PROG_CC_C_O' not found in library

I'm sure I can work around the problem, but I figure it's probably
something you developers might want to know about... this problem
seems to be fairly recent.

Dan Thomson
Systems Engineer
Peer1 Network