PRE4 update

From: Doug Dixon <doug.dixon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:14:31 +1200

Just to remind you, we're aiming to release Squid-3.0.PRE4 on 10/11
June - four weeks from now.

The good news so far is that we're down from 9 to 7 bugs, as Henrik
fixed one, and another was found to be its duplicate. I'm claiming an
assist because I asked enough stupid questions to make Henrik fix the
bug just to shut me up :)

Of the remaining 7 bugs, two were already assigned to Rob and the
rest are unassigned.

ID Sev Pri Plt Assignee Status Resolution Summary
1125 cri P2 Oth robertc@squid-cache.org NEW memCopy: could not
find start of [337,4433)
772 blo P2 All squid-bugs@squid-cache.org NEW POST not handled
correctly on errors (auth etc)
1089 cri P2 Oth squid-bugs@squid-cache.org NEW Possible
instability on aborted POST/PUT requests
1355 blo P2 PC squid-bugs@squid-cache.org NEW segmentation
fault in sslConnectTimeout
1465 cri P2 PC squid-bugs@squid-cache.org NEW assertion
failed: mem_node.cc:65: "n->write_pending"
1468 cri P2 PC squid-bugs@squid-cache.org NEW Crash on
HttpHdrRange.cc line 568: assertion failed on "...
624 blo P2 PC robertc@squid-cache.org ASSI assertion failed:
stmem.cc:270: "0" (mem_hdr::debugDump:...

Quite a few of these bugs appear to be most appropriately assignable
to either Henrik or Rob because of previous involvement (and in some
cases fixes against 2.5) for the bug in question.

However, I'm aware this may be too much work for them in the
timeframe we've given ourselves. Henrik, Rob - how do you feel about
your workloads/available time?

To help get a better idea of the manpower the PRE4 effort has at its
disposal, could each member of this list who is has time to work on
fixes for PRE4 in the next 4 weeks please reply saying roughly how
much time they can spare, and if possible volunteer to help with one
or more of the above bugs? (Personally, I've got about 5 hours a week
and I'm initially going to look at bug 1468.)

Again, if you feel the above bugs are too much of a commitment, but
you still want to contribute to PRE4, that's great. If you submit any
fixes for smaller bugs in the next 2-3 weeks, those fixes will be in
PRE4 - and it will be better as a result. Just assign bugs to
yourself so everyone knows you're working on them, and go for it.

Thanks
Doug