Re: aufs write doesn't lseek

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:58:28 +0800

On Tue, May 16, 2006, Kinkie wrote:

> Would it be that hard to just use multiple FDs to the same storage file
> and then leave the OS to schedule the I/O?

Ah! I was trying to minimise the amount of hackery to AUFS -and- minimise
writing an IO scheduler.

If I had multiple FDs then I have a problem: how do I determine a 'good'
scheduling method to put IO operations on FDs? All of a sudden there's
a small dependency: ops on a single FD are serialised. This could have
impacted on the OS disk IO scheduling.

adrian