Re: Squid-2.6 update

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:38:30 +0200

mån 2006-05-22 klockan 17:05 -0400 skrev Chris Weimann:

> Does the epoll work have an affect on the likelyhood of kqueue?

Not really no.

kqueue support is not a candidate for 2.6 as no squid-2.5 patch for
adding kqueue exists. The purpose of the Squid-2.6 release is to collect
already existing and tested patches, both from 2.5 patches floating
around and from squid-3 where applicable, not new development.

Maybe the fact that 2.6 supports epoll will trigger someone to write a
kqueue patch, who knows. But I don't see it likely such patch will be
both developed and verified in the few days left of the 2.6 merge cycle.

We do have kqueue support in Squid-3, even if some work remains for a
proper implementation (deferred reads and delay pools still an issue).