Re: external acl cache level

From: Gonzalo Arana <gonzalo.arana@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:08:41 -0300

Just to summ up:

Letting the helper do random combining/reordering leads into
highly-ineffitient lookup algorithm, and apparently it is not needed.

Cache level could structured in a 'path'-alike, or disjoint. Disjoint
solves reordering issue in an efficient manner.

Having each token a member of a cache level is discarded as an option.

I would like to have a somehwat explicit cache level. Alternatives to this is:
a) expand %| to some string: discarded.
b) helper tells squid about format specification & cache levels upon startup.
c) squid notifies helper at startup about format & cache levels. If
there is any inconsistency, helper can notify admin.

I prefer "b", but "c" sounds good as well.

--
Gonzalo A. Arana