Re: Connection pinning (patch)

From: Steven Wilton <swilton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:38:52 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
To: "Steven Wilton" <swilton@q-net.net.au>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: Connection pinning (patch)

>> The first part of this patch will make sure we only mark a requset with
>> the
>> pinned and auth flags if there is a server-side persistent connection
>> waiting. This will stop extra server-side fd's from being marked as
>> pinned.
>
>This was pulled out because it doesn't work when there is peers. If it
>is to be done then it needs to be done in the same place pconnPop is
>done as it's only there it is known where the connection is actually
>going.

By peers do you mean parent peers? I would assume that once the auth flag
is set on the request, it would not go via any sibling peers.

What do you think of the attached patch then? The only downside that I can
see from this patch is that squid may try to request the object from a peer
first because the auth flag is not set when the clientHierarchical()
function is run. We still set the auth flag before httpCachableReply() is
run, so this new object will not be cached.

Steven