Re: cvs commit: squid/src cf.data.pre wccp2.c

From: Paul P Komkoff Jr <i@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:51:53 +0400

Replying to Reuben Farrelly:
> I'll test this assumption out tonight. I am running 12.4(6)T2 at the
> moment and
> seeing that problem. I'll do some more testing tonight on this with some
> older
> mainline software on a 1721.

I think this behavior wis present in all IOS versions.

> Did you open a case up with the TAC about this? If so, what was the case
> number? My router is under maintenance so I've the option of doing that if
> you

No, I don't have support contract of enough level to do this :)

> haven't already tried to....however my past experience is that the
> frontline TAC
> people often tend to shy away once you start talking third party (ie non
> cisco)
> software.....

As every proprietary software vendor do :)

> If it is an RFC compliance problem in IOS it would be good to get this fixed
> going forward, I guess. Or at least have it documented.

Right now we need to have working workaround because many people
around the world may be unable to upgrade their IOS but they should be
able to use newer linux kernel on their proxy servers :)

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff Jr // http://stingr.net/key <- my pgp key
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head