Re: layering..

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 03:15:44 +0200

lör 2006-05-27 klockan 09:41 +1000 skrev Robert Collins:
> It seems strange to me for the store to depend on HttpReply - line 705
> of store.cc is creating an HttpReply. AFAICT it does this so it can
> serialise a pseudo http document for vary.
>
> Would it make sense to have a more abstract type that is used here, and
> HttpReply derives from that ?

Yes.

Might not be needed to abstract it even. Those Vary objects does not
really need to be HTTP formatted, or we could hardcode the very little
HTTP formatting needed.

The only reason why they are HTTP formatted is to make the swapin code
happy so we can get a notice about this object to the client side,
allowing it to retrace and look for the actual object. The client side
gets the Vary header from this object and then queries the store again
to see if the actual requested object is there now that it knows the key
to find it..