RE: context data for squid ICAP patched

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:42:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Beeri,

> 1. Security - Origin sever might change the replied http header and add
> the "X-MY-SCANNER: Allow" it self,
> and bypass the content filter, In that case I would not
> be able to prevent kids from viewing un honest pages :-(

Yes this problem exists.
I am just refering it as way to pass info from reqmod to respmod icap
services.
> 2. Performance - Redundant call since I already know that request is
> allowed.

Yes the performance is a problem here.
Assuming that you have 95% accepted requests and only 5% blocked
maybe is not so problem to make your checks only in respmod request.
But you know beter than me your requirements.

> There for I would like to keep in squids session data the classification
> and upon to the classification prior to response-mod call.
>
> For now I have figured out that the best place to set the data between
> the req-mod and resp-mod if in the

I am not sure but I think that the best place to put your classification
data is the request_t structure.

Regards,
   Christos