Re: 2.6.PRE1 is out the door

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:20:50 +0800

On Tue, May 30, 2006, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> - Some benchmarking is needed to see if comm_poll is really worth to
> keep, or if comm_select is actually better. The current comm_poll
> implementation looks extremely inefficient (same as it always been in
> 2.x)..

Poll should be better - it'll be much better if/when the comm backon/backoff
stuff is turned on by default and can be used to add/subtract pollfd
entries. I'm sure a little coding can go a long way in improving poll
and select.

I had some paper scribbles for how to do it before the SSL stuff
went in. I also had some checks to make sure delay pools kept working.
I'm now not so sure and won't be until after exams are over.

I'll vote to keep it in there. I'll attempt to tidy the code up after exams
whether or not its done in the 2.6-stable release timeframe.

Adrian