Re: 2.6.PRE1 is out the door

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:04:51 +0800

On Mon, May 29, 2006, Jason Titus wrote:
> Have you considered using libevent as a way to abstract out the polling
> method? Seems like it might make porting easier and give you kqueue as
> well...
>
> http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/

Yup. People keep pointing libevent at me. The main trouble:

* I'd still have to spend time working on code;
* If I used libevent then I'd want to rip out a lot of the squid comm code,
  resulting in even more work required;
* I've got exams coming up. :)

I'd be very happy if someone else did it though!

Adrian