squid + libevent

From: Bharath Devanathan <bharathd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 23:02:35 -0700

I am trying to get squid 2.6 to use libevent. I looked at the source and
have a plan on how to go about this. Before I embark on doing this, can
someone review this and let me know if I am on the right track ?

1) create a new file ( comm_libevent.c), based on comm_epoll.c
2) modify struct _fde to be aware of libevent structures and remove the
fields that are necessary for epoll.
3) get rid of the "#ifdef USE_EPOLL" in squid.h, structs.h and comm.c
4) Implement functions in comm_libevent.c, using libevent. These
functions basically replicate the behavior present in epoll.c

I think that sums up the changes needed. How does that sound ?

Thanks,
bharath