subscribe request

From: Domingos Parra Novo <domingosnovo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:19:45 -0300

        Hiyas,

        My name is Domingos Novo, and I work as a system engineer at Terra
Networks Brasil. We are using squid as a web accelerator on a Vignette 6
based CMS.

        In our solution, squid is used basically to store pre generated
content, which is considered "fresh" (by means of refresh_pattern) until
it receives a "PURGE" request from our CMS servers.

        Our solution uses the external "purge" tool to do this task, and it
usually works as expected. But, running as a external tool, it doesn't
have enough information to do this PURGE in a performance wise and
lightweight way.

        To solve this issue, we are working on two tasks:

1 - Create a new "cache_mgr:" interface, just to list/search for objects
in the cache. The object in this list must be referenced by its complete
URL, and this list must contain all objects present on the cache (that
is, memory and disk caches).

2 - Modify the PURGE request, or create a new one, which would add
support to pcre enabled URLs (and preferably in the form of a post,
giving the possibility to add a list of URLs to be purged).

        Please let us know if any of those functionalities makes sense for
squid (or by any means, if there is anyone interested in something related).

Regards,

Domingos.

--
Domingos Parra Novo