Re: Log redirector output patch

From: Jean-Francois Levesque <jean-francois.levesque@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:24:02 -0400

> The actual free of clientHttpRequest members is
> client_side.c:httpRequestFree() and you need to free your new element
> there.

That's what I was looking for, thanks!

> What is it your redirector is doing? I am thinking that maybe it's
> better done as an external acl where there already is extensive hooks to
> provide additional information in a friendly manner. The external acl
> interface can do everything related to access controls, but can't
> rewrite the requested URL (other than deny_info redirecting the browser
> on access denial..)

First, it's important to know that I want to use squid in transparent mode.

I'm using two redirector in serial. The last redirector is SquidGuard
which will redirect if the user tries to access a blacklisted URL.

The first redirector is our home made redirector. This redirector check
into a memcache (http://www.danga.com/memcached/) server if a user is
authenticated. If not, the user is redirected to a portal page which can
authenticate or identify a user from many modules (ident, ntlm, basic
auth, cookie, etc.).

A diagram is available at:
http://isak.gplindustries.com/wiki/Image:Diagram-iSAKv2.png

Your comments on the design are welcomed.

Thanks,

Jean-Francois