Re: Merge some other enh bugs in 2.6 ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:52:17 +0200

tor 2006-06-15 klockan 21:44 +0200 skrev Guido Serassio:

> What about merge the following enh bugs into 2.6 ?

It is a bit late now, but lets talk about them.

> - #1235: New options to ignore Cache-Control headers when necessary

Don't like this one. If done it should be refresh_pattern options, not
global settings. And additionally these overrides should not be taken
lightly (it's MUST level violations of the RFC..)

If redone into refresh_pattern options then it can perhaps get in if we
agree it's a good thing. But it depends also on how much other changes
is needed to allow refresh_pattern to apply.. and time.. when the known
bugs are closed RC1 is released and code enters strict feature freeze.

> - #1423: Could use TCP_CORK to optimize cache hits

Have considered this one, but I don't think it is very important. With
the very limited time left and number of open bugs (at least 2) I prefer
not looking at new features touching core parts of the source,
especially when the gains is very small like in this case.