RE: Tproxy patch

From: Steven Wilton <swilton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:43:39 +0800

> Hmm.. who is redefining __FD_SETSIZE under our feets? It's already
> defined by including squid.h. Ah, linux/posix_types.h has obsolete
> kernel definitions.. (the kernel no longer uses fd_set). It's
> __kernel_fd_set definition also gets wrong, but this type is
> not used by
> anyone so...
>
> Redefining it like this isn't entirely safe as there may have
> been type
> declarations dependent on in in the included headers. But hopefully
> those where included by squid.h before it got redefined...
>
> Ah, there it is. We should be including sys/capability.h, not
> linux/capability.h. The sys header already have the needed glue to not
> collide with glibc. Fixed.

I'm compiling under Debian (stable and unstable), and we are still seeing
the fd set limited to 1024. It's coming in the following path:

/usr/include/sys/capability.h
/usr/include/linux/types.h
/usr/include/linux/posix_types.h

Is it safe to include these all headers in squid.h before __FD_SETSIZE is
redefined? Or is this specific to the debian include files?

Steven