Re: 2.6.STABLE2 approaching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 23:40:37 +0200

ons 2006-07-19 klockan 21:53 +0200 skrev Guido Serassio:

> I think that Bug #1681 should be also investigated before STABLE2.
> The problem is happening on different platforms with the same symptom
> with too much frequency.
>
> I will try to do more investigation during the next weekend.

Unfortunately this is a bug I can't test very much myself, but
2.6.STABLE is always open to bugfixes.

To diagnose this the helper cachemgr stats may be helpful.
  buzy == waiting for domain
  reserved == waiting for client

If there is Squid bugs I can think of two different scenarios:

  a) Helper getting stuck as reserved with no client

  b) Helper getting stuck in some unuseable state after "-k rotate".