Re: Patch for squid short expiration time

From: Michael Pye <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:24:01 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Now also backported to Squid-2.6.

Thanks for this addition. I had done something similar to Eduards
modification in my caches.

However this backport doesn't allow you to specifiy the minimum refresh
time in seconds. You may have a situation where you want the minimum
refresh time to be 20 seconds, but still have some other
refresh_patterns that use 40 seconds.

Would it be possible to add this ? Eduards patch seems to allow you to
add an 's' after the minumum refresh time to indicate secconds so either
this or another directive like "minimum_refresh_seconds on" could be
used where seconds is assumed in refresh_pattern min times. I would be
happy to submit something for that. As its a new feature however I guess
it needs to go into squid3 first?

--
Michael