Re: Download hanging

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 15:49:10 +0800

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006, Steven wrote:
> I had a problem today where a download for a particular file was hanging
> forever after 128k. It looks like the store entry had the release
> request flag set, but because all the data had been sent to the client
> and the server side was being deferred, there was nothing to kick the
> store entry into freeing the memory.
>
> I think the patch below is the correct fix (don't defer if all clients
> have seen all data). I wanted to check before committing it.

When I went through this exercise a while ago my solution was to make sure
I 'kicked' (ie, started another comm read event) the server side if
all the clients had read all the data they could (and thus -someone- had to
kickstart an IO event.)

I think your patch is right considering you've gone down the path of
having deferred reads. The above tidbit is just something to keep in mind.

Adrian