logfile daemon stuff

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:29:51 +0800

I've implemented the following in the 26_logfile_daemon branch in
sourceforge:

* The logging buffer in squid doesn't grow to infinity - its set
  to a hardcoded limit and will log warnings if this limit is
  reached.
* Rotate now works
* Restart/reconfigure now works - the logfile helper is killed
  (cleanly!) and restarted

Whats left:

* Testing!
* Reimplement logfile-daemon.c to not use stdio. I've noticed via strace
  that the Linux stdio implements its reading using one-byte read()s.
* More testing!

I'd like to commit this to squid-2.6 in the next week or so.

Adrian