Re: comm optimisation

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:40:40 +0800

I've committed the comm optimisation with a few slight modifications.

Just for fun, I've put the output of one of the profiling runs
(via gprof) on my website.

http://www.creative.net.au/diffs/trace.4.txt

Its ~400k. Now, I know that the time quantas in gprof can be a bit "wrong"
but I believe the call graph and the function call counts are correct.
This is on my Athlon 1800+ XP running 2.6, handling ~230 requests a second.
This snapshot covered around 2.3 million requests.

Its nice to not see poll() up there :)

I'm playing with sysprof and oprofile to get more of a handle on where we're
spending most of our time and to see if I can cut a few chunks out of the
CPU usage. At the moment we're spending a lot of time in headersEnd(); we're
also spending a few % of time zero'ing the stmem buffers.

Adrian