RE: Another COSS patch

From: Steven Wilton <swilton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 08:25:01 +0800

> >What would be good now is a "configuration guide" for COSS
> just so people
> >have some idea of how to configure, use, troubleshoot and tune it.
> >COSS has quite a lot more knobs now than it did when i
> inherited it and
> >its bound to generate a lot of questions once people realise
> it performs
> >better than UFS.
>
> A wiki page .... :-)

I'll give it a shot.

> Steven, Adrian a question for you:
>
> I have waited the ending of your COSS work before do a Windows port
> using native Windows overlapped I/O. Now it seems to me that the COSS
> code is really close to its definitive structure.
> Do you can confirm this, or there are still some enhancement pending ?

I've got no further work planned for COSS at the moment. The only thing is
that we are still seeing "WARNING: failed to unpack meta data" entries in
our cache log after restarting squid with COSS partitions. These do not
appear to cause any problems, but their cause does need to be investigated.

Regards

Steven