Squid 2.6 and ISA Proxy authentication NTLM.

From: Tsachi <tsachi.kimel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:41:27 +0300

I have this problem on 2.5 Stable 14 which I want to know if version
2.6 supposes to overcome:
I am using squid 2.5 stable 14 applied with Tproxy patch and the last
connection-pinning patch.
Parent ISA proxy that requires NTLM auth is configured.
Proxy-authentication works fine, but after refreshing F5 for few times
the connection becomes very slow.
Eventually, the page is loaded but it could take around 1 min.

Looking at "netstat" it shows that squid hold many open sockets (even
180 and more) only for one client.
I tried to work with basic authentication or non authentication at all
and it works fine.
So it might recommend a connection to the pinning connection issue ???

I would like to know if anyone had a chance to check a similar
scenario to this with version 2.6.
My machine configuration is:
1. Squid configured for full transparent.
2. Cache Parent is - Upstream ISA proxy which requires NTLM authentication.
3. Client browser is configured to work with the ISA server on port XXXXX.
4. Iptable tproxy rule which intercept and redirect client destination
port XXXXX to squid port 3128.

Thanks,
Tsachi