Squid programming guide

From: Kinkie <kinkie-dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:25:19 +0200

Hi all,
   I've spent a few hours wiki-fying the squid programmers' guide, and
I, Robert and Adrian have spent a few minutes discussing what could be
done to improve it from the point of view of contents and accessibility.

I suggest we change our current approach to one of the following two,
(my) preferred first.

- consider the wiki as the master copy, and possibly include in the
sources a DocBooc-rendered version of the contents. This would maximize
the chance of non-core contributors adding to it, as it has started
happening with the FAQ.
- translate the current SGML-based guide to an XML format, which could
be fed to MoinMoin. This would make the guide modifiable by offline
developers. Care should be taken to avoid people editing the wikfied
copy.

What's your opinion?

    Kinkie