Re: [squid-users] Profiling patch redo, need help.

From: Pranav Desai <pranavadesai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:06:33 -0700

On 8/30/06, Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:
> > What about the others, client and serverIn/Out ? are those the right ones ?
> > Also, are the location of the profile points correct, since that would
> > be important for getting accurate info.
>
> Hm, it should be. You may wish to use clientHttpRequest to measure the
> performance of individual http requests as in -theory- (not in practice
> yet!) squid can parse pipelined requests from clients and so more than
> one request per client could be pending at any time.

I dont think I can use clientHttpRequest to store clientIn/Out since
this is not allocated until parseHttpRequest() is called. The clientIn
measurement starts in httpAccept(), where we dont have any reference
to clientHttpRequest.

I have done the other changes you suggested. I will send the patch
after some testing. I had one question though, I am not able to find
any struct that has a lifetime of an entire request. This is making it
difficult to corelate the measurements. E.g. if I want to find out how
much time elapsed between the client request came in to server request
was sent out i.e. difference between clientIn and serverOut. I cant
find that since they are in different structs. I know I can parse the
logs and get that data, but if there was a easy way to do it
internally, it would be nice.

--
http://pd.dnsalias.org