Re: [squid-users] Profiling patch redo, need help.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:33:10 +0200

tor 2006-08-31 klockan 15:06 -0700 skrev Pranav Desai:

> I have done the other changes you suggested. I will send the patch
> after some testing. I had one question though, I am not able to find
> any struct that has a lifetime of an entire request.

clientHttpRequest is the full lifetime of an entire request. There isn't
a request until it have have been read from the connection.

request_t is almost the full lifetime, and is what is used all over.
It's a complete request with request headers.

A connection can carry multiple requests, or even none.

We have:

1. Connection accepted: ConnStateData (client_side only)
2. Request headers read: clientHttpRequest (client_side only) and
request_t (core request processing)

Adding timers to request_t is OK. Only odd thing to remember is that in
http.c you need to use ->orig_request