Re: squid3 nt port -> mainline

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:46:23 +0200

fre 2006-09-01 klockan 23:56 +0200 skrev Guido Serassio:

> OK. However the needed changes are not so intrusive, the majority of
> the code is isolated in three files: include/squid_mswin.h,
> lib/win32lib.c and src/ipc_win32.c plus some isolated changes to
> unlinkd.c, pinger.c and logfile-daemon.c. And of course, some
> isolated changes to configure.in and makefiles.

Ok. Bring it up for review and we will decide what to do. If it's mainly
win32 stuff being modified then there shouldn't be a problem. Thought
you needed to do more changes..

> On the 3.0 side things are something different: the changes can be
> more intrusive if we will use the IPC refactoring currently included
> in the nt 3.0 branch.

Can we do this in three steps?

1. Merge now what can be merged unrelated to the IPC refactoring

2. Bring up the IPC refactoring for review again to determine if it's a
3.0 candidate, or 3.1 material.

3. Merge what remains to merge from the NT port based on the outcome of
2.