squid-3 style guidelines update ?

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:06:28 +1000

I'd like to propose an update to the squid-3 styleguidelines...

 * Avoid taking actions during a constructor
 * Avoid taking actions during a destructor

The intent for the former is to keep testing clean, but not needing
large chains of objects to be ready to use when the thing being tested
is constructed.

The intent for the latter is to try and have cancellation etc actions be
explicit - cleanup when the last refcount goes is good, for resources
like buffers which refcounting as the primary control means makes sense.

For other objects, we usually know when we're done, and I suspect its
easier to have explicit 'thingFinished()' methods - which would
complement the refcounting, not supplant or remove the need for it.

-Rob