Re: september 1st bugfest was a success!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:55:57 +0200

tor 2006-09-07 klockan 07:09 +1000 skrev Robert Collins:

> During the bugfest, we got:
> * A number of bugs closed including all those marked critical and most
> of those marked major:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/BugSprintSeptember2006
> * reacquainted with the 3.0 codebase
> * started some detailed designs for 3.1 - incorporating what we've
> learnt over the last two years:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/RequestUseCases
> * Mingw support for 3.0 merged in

And valgrind support merged in, making it considerably easier to hunt
memory leaks and bad references to pooled types. When enabled and
running under valgrind.

To get a leak report from valgrind just go to mgr:mem and stderr will
report any leaks you have in detail. Summary also included in the
cachemgr output.

No, it's not possible to have the leaks themselves displayed in cachemgr
or even cache.log. It's valgrind displaying these, not Squid.