Re: 3.0 branding - release plans - etc

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:49:06 +0200

fre 2006-09-15 klockan 20:37 +1000 skrev Robert Collins:

> I think what we have right now is feature complete. So I think we are
> both happy with this right now.

Ok. So we do accept there is feature regression compared to 2.6 then.
Good.

> Well, I dont know where the line should be drawn. But we should be
> willing to get some figure on the relative performance to make a
> judgement call on this.

Sure.

> I'm ok with this too. I mainly want the incremental releases, and for it
> to HAPPEN.

I am fine with PRE5 to happen any time now, but it's probably good if we
get WCCP2 and COSS merged over first.

> I think its less ok during a STABLE cycle - increased risk of customer
> impact.

Well, it obviously depends on how intrusive the performance related
change is. It too intrusive then it's very likely it will destabilize
the code for a while and does not belong in STABLE for sure.