Re: Where's the CPU being used up in squid-3 ?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:07:34 +0800

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> If Temp2 is around the while() loop then it matches the runtime for the
> comm close handlers within half a percent - ie, 13.13%.
>
> Where it is there, it only accounts for 2.18% of the CPU.

Its because its refcounted. The call to connIsFinished() isn't actually
doing anything as far as I can tell; its when the reference goes to NULL
that all the hard work is being done.

The refcounted stuff is cute but I really don't like the semantics of the
code here. All some rogue bit of code has to do is hold a reference to a
variable (like we saw in the FTP bug with something holding a reference
to the fwdState) and things just don't work.

Adrian