Re: squid-3 icap related patch

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:48:07 -0600

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 11:36 +0300, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> Alex Rousskov wrote:
> >I believe zero size content is valid. If writeMore() cannot handle it,
> >writeMore() should be fixed and still called unconditionally in the
> >above code.

> I believe that the problem here is not the zero sized content.
> Squid calls this function when read all headers.
> There are cases in which squids did not read any part of body yet
> (and there is not Content-Lenght header so preview is disabled).
> In this case squid sends to the icap server the "0\r\n\r\n" string
> (0\r\n definition + \r\n after chunk)
> The icap server believes that this is the end of body and does not
> expect more data.

I see! Writing last-chunk when the body is [still] expected is obviously
wrong and should be fixed. I will try to reproduce and fix this.

In general, I am worried about adding a "guard" for writeMore() outside
of writeMore() because writeMore() is called from several places, on
several events.

Thank you,

Alex.